“It can be pretty daunting when it comes to searching for 'The One’.
Some of us find just merely going shopping for regular clothes tough enough.
But don’t panic… here are a few of my tips to help you find your dream dress, with no stress!”
- from the designer
- Know your vibe - Are you a fashion forward bride, or someone more traditional?
Not sure? Here are a few categories to help you decide your vibe.
The traditional - Chantilly lace… that’s all I’m saying
The bohemian - free-spirited, comfortable, a bit Moroccan, loose fitting, a beautiful flow
The bold - you are the bride that dares to be different. Art Deco patterns, Baroque laces, nude and tan bases
The ornate - beading upon embroidery upon laces upon tulles… more is more!
- Limit your tribe - Don’t bring your entire squad you your bridal appointment. Too many opinions will make you forget your own!
- Do some research - choose your dream wedding dress designer or store and make contact. Find out how they work and what options they offer. Explore their previous dresses and see if you can identify with the style. Look at their support, their following and their reviews… service is everything and you’ll quickly see by their past brides as to whom you’ll be most happy with!
- Know your budget - Be realistic about your budget. Research what bridal gowns sell for and
see where you fit in.
Designer wedding dress - bespoke, custom, one-off, amazing, sensational, life-changing, works of art!
Collection wedding dress - fun, a ‘say yes to the dress’ experience, convenient, exquisite, wonderful, awe-inspiring, made-to-measure, a more affordable option for brides still wanting that designer look without looking like the cookie-cutter bride.
Buy a dress for less - you do not have to spend a million bucks finding the perfect wedding dress. Many stores and designers have sample sales once or twice a year to clear stock of those gently worn or discontinued styles. Sometimes, designers also offer special rates at trunk shows if you order on the day.
- Keep an open mind - you may just get something better than what you had imagined!